Affiliates and Awards
Visibly Better Eye Care is a proud member of the following associations and organizations:
- IOA (Illinois Optometric Association) – www.ioaweb.org
A not-for-profit, voluntary association of Illinois optometrists, has been dedicated to making optometry a stronger profession doing what it takes for Optometry in Illinois!
- AOA (American Optometric Association) – www.aoa.org
The acknowledged leader and recognized authority for eye and vision care in the world, working to provide the public with quality vision and eye care.
- Illinois Society for the Prevention of Blindness (ISPB) – www.eyehealthillinois.org
The Illinois Society for the Prevention of Blindness was founded in 1916 to reduce preventable causes of blindness. Dedicated to the care, protection, and preservation of sight, ISPB programs stress education, eye safety, information and research.
- Optometry Giving Sight - www.GivingSight.org
This Non-profit is dedicated to improving the quality of life of people who are needlessly blind or vision impaired simply because they do not have access to an eye exam and a pair of glasses.
- TLC Laser Eye Centers - www.tlcvision.com
We are proud to affiliate with TLC Laser Eye Centers for Corrective Vision Surgery. TLC believes in quality eye care and we provide for our patients and have built their practice to partner with Optometrists like us.
- ENERGEYES Association Member - www.energeyesassociation.com
This is an association that is dedicated to finding and then providing the best in patient care. Dr. Kaplan is the Committee Chair of the Rebranding effort for Energeyes Association.
“All of our efforts point to support our members to provide the best patient care available.”
- Women in Optometry - www.womeninoptometry.com
Dr. Kaplan is a board member of Women in Optometry.
Dr. Kaplan is a nationally recognized authority on contact lenses. She travels across the country leading informational forums and lecturing on contact lenses. Dr. Kaplan, has been identified as a leader in the Optometry profession, and served as a Professional Development Consultant for Alcon for 6 years.
Awards, Honors and Board Positions
Dr. Kaplan is the recipient of the following awards:
- 1997 “LION OF THE YEAR” from the Lions Club International
- Volunteer for 12 international eye care missions
- Leader in the Optometry Profession by Vistakon - 2008
- Innovator Award presented by Costco 2010 - Click here to read article
Call today for an appointment with one of our highly skilled Optometrists today!